What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you visit the Site, whether through the Site or via alternative means, including but not limited to completion of Frederick Wildman documents and forms. In this section, We describe what types of personal data We collect, the ways We collect it, and how We use it. While We have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. When We collect information, We will tell you at the point of collection what information is required and what information is optional. We collect personal information both directly from the information you provide us with as well as automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. This collection of information includes any information that can personally identify you. This information may include details such as your name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and you Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Information You Provide to Us
Examples of information that you provide us with include information collected from filling in forms on our Site, when subscribing to promotional communications, when reporting a problem with our Site, when responding to a survey, and records and copies of correspondence, including email addresses, if you make contact with us. The types of personal data typically collected by us may include the following, depending on your activities:
• Contact information and Geographic Location, including name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), operating system, browser type, company name and other similar information, and your geographic location.
• Personal/demographic information, including birthday/age/age group, gender, birth date, salary range, occupation, level of education, contest- or promotion-specific information.
• Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information, birth date and the like).
• Transactional and financial information, including payment information for purchases made through the Site and debit/credit card information.
• Preferences, views and comments, including communication preferences, feedback in response to surveys, etc.
• Participation information, including event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry), registrations, information relating to use of online communities and all other user submissions and content you provide.
Information Automatically Collected Through Data Collection Technologies
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist in better understanding Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected except to help Frederick Wildman conduct and improve our business. You may disallow receiving cookies at any time through your web browser. Although you may still use the Site if you reject cookies, some functionality, such as the shopping cart, may be limited.
Our Site may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer our Site, track users’ movements and online activity and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on our Site to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are moving through our Site. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used, traffic data, location data, information about your computer and internet connection, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that We know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users. The information We collect automatically is statistical data and may contain personal information. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
• Store information about your preferences
• Speed up your searches
Information Collected from Business Partners
We may obtain your personal data from you directly or when it is provided to us by our affiliates. We may collect personal data related to employees, directors, authorized signatories and other individuals associated with our existing or prospective business partners (collectively “Business Partners”). Information may be collected from Business Partners directly, from a company that employs Business Partners, from our affiliates, during networking events that We have either hosted, or sponsored, or attended; and/or from publicly available sources. We may collect personal data relating to our Business Partners’ employees, officers, authorized signatories, or other associated individuals. Information collected includes but is not limited to names, business addresses, business email addresses, business telephone numbers, business fax numbers, job title or role, business bank account details, date of birth, language of communication, date of first contact, and/or categorization as a business partner.
Information Collected at Our Premises or Our Events
We may obtain your personal data from you directly and from our systems’ records such as your name, business contact details, organization, photo, image, date and time of visit.
Information is Used in the Following Ways:
• To personalize your experience: Your information helps Frederick Wildman to better respond to your individual needs and helps us to better understand the market in which We operate;
• To improve the Site: We continually strive to improve the Site offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you;
• To improve customer service: Your information helps Frederick Wildman to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs;
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature, to promote our goods and services, and to inform you of upcoming events;
• To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates;
• To ensure security: Collection of your information helps to manage security, risk, and fraud prevention.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include agencies providing marketing assistance, providing conference administration assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing User service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
• Affiliated Businesses: We work closely with affiliated businesses, namely the companies sponsor or exhibit on the Frederick Wildman Site or at conferences. These businesses may be provided your name, address, email address, and phone number to send you promotional offerings. We cannot control and nor are We liable for contact attempts from these companies to you. Our affiliated businesses will process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and any implementing legislation (the “GDPR”) and other relevant data protection laws.
• Promotional Offers: Sometimes We send offers to users on behalf of other businesses. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Transfers Outside the European Economic Area
If and when transferring your personal data outside the EEA (which consists of EU member states and Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway), We will only do so using one of the following safeguards:
• the transfer is to a non-EEA country which has an adequacy decision by the EU Commission;
• the transfer is covered by a contractual agreement, which covers the GDPR requirements relating to transfers to countries outside the EEA;
• the transfer is to an organization which has Binding Corporate Rules approved by an EU data protection authority; or
• the transfer is to an organization in the US that is EU-US Privacy Shield certified.
You may request a copy of any relevant document in relation to transfers of your personal data outside the EEA by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are entitled to obtain information from us on how We handle your personal data, to see copies of all personal data held by us and to request that your personal data is amended, corrected or deleted from our systems. You can also limit, restrict or object to the processing of your data. We do not carry out any decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling. If you gave us your consent to use your data, e.g. so that We can send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, We can still rely on the consent you gave as the lawful basis for processing your personal data before you withdrew your consent. You can object to our use of your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of your above rights, contact at email@example.com.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
The security of your personal identifying information (such as your credit card number) is important to Frederick Wildman. Therefore, We implement a variety of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology and then encrypted into the payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by authorized individuals. After a transaction, your private information (credit card number, etc.) will not be stored on Frederick Wildman servers. Please keep in mind, however, there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password you use, if applicable.
Do We Disclose Any Information to Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal identifying information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist in operating the Site, conducting business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personal identifying visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Our website is designed to appeal to adults only. We do not knowingly solicit any information from children or people under the legal drinking age, nor do We knowingly market or otherwise target our websites or our products or services to children or people under the legal drinking age.
If We become aware that a visitor to our websites is a child or under the legal drinking age in the country or other territory in which he or she is located at the relevant time and has registered without verifiable parental consent, We will remove his or her personal information from our files.
We will keep and process your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected in connection with your relationship with us, unless We have a legal right or obligation to retain the data for a longer period, or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Information About Us
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifying information as required by law and when We believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, to operate the Site properly, or to protect ourselves or our users.
You may choose to have your name taken off the Frederick Wildman email list or to “opt-out” of having your personal identifying information used for certain purposes, including but not limited to receiving additional marketing materials from Frederick Wildman. If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from Frederick Wildman, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless specifically requested, We do not solicit nor wish to receive any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site, by email, or in any other way. Any unsolicited information or material submitted or sent to Frederick Wildman will not be deemed to be confidential or secret.
Posting Information to the Site
You are solely responsible for any information and other content you post on or through the Site. You understand that anything you post on or through the Site is generally accessible to and may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of any available forums are encouraged to exercise caution when providing information about themselves.
Cookies are small files which often include an anonymous unique identifier sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by the web browsers which enable the site or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, and the time spent at our website. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Our website requires you to enter your date of birth and cookies allow us to remember the data you have entered, so that We do not need to ask you to re-enter information every time you browse to a different page of the website. We also use Google Analytics cookies which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our website and which parts of our website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that We can improve our website and better serve our customers. We do not generally store any personal information that you provide to us in a cookie. Most of our cookies expire within 90 days although our analytics cookies may persist for two (2) to ten (10) years. If you delete cookies relating to this website, We will not remember things about you and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site.
The purpose of cookies, such as Google Analytics cookies, is storing information such as the time you visit the website, and whether you have visited it before.
We may also use “Social Media” cookies to personalize your interaction with third party social media platforms, such as Instagram and Facebook, where our website uses such features. Such cookies recognize users of these social media sites when you view social media content on our website. They also allow you to quickly share content across media, through the use of simple “sharing” buttons. We use the following Social Media cookies: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Tumblr. For further information about those Social Media cookies please see here:
You may disallow receiving cookies at any time through your web browser. Although you may still use the site if you reject cookies, some functionality may be limited. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies:
• In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
• In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
• In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking the “Chrome Menu” on the browser tool bar, “Settings”, “Show Advanced Settings”, “Privacy”, “Cookies” and select your preferred setting.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, our website cannot function properly. Upon entering our website, if you continue browsing, we will set necessary cookies. A cookie will also be set on your device to remember your privacy preferences. You may disable these by changing your browser settings (see above) but this may affect how the website functions.
Performance and Analytics Cookies
These cookies, such as the Google Analytics cookie, collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and any error messages visitors receive from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that directly identifies a visitor. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not be able to monitor the use and performance of the site or improve how a website works. You may disable these by changing your browser settings.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in, your preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. If you do not allow these cookies, then some services may not function properly. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
We use advertising cookies set by Frederick Wildman & Sons Ltd. or our partners to help us improve the relevancy of advertisements you receive across the web. You may see these advertisements on our site and on other sites that you visit, including third party social media platforms. Advertising cookies we use include Facebook, whom we use for online interest-based advertising. If you disable these cookies, you won’t get benefits like targeted advertisements to hear about our great products, special offers, news and information. You may disable these by changing your browser settings.
Your California Privacy Rights
DO NOT TRACK
As of January 1, 2020, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, California residents can request access to and deletion of their personal information.
Sale of Personal Information:
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below:
Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that We disclose to you the personal information We have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months. To submit an access request email us at email@example.com.
Deletion: You have the right to request that We delete certain personal information We have collected from you. To submit a deletion request email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, Concerns, and Feedback
You must be 21 years of age or older to enter this site.
Please enjoy responsibly.
©2022 Frederick Wildman and Sons, LTD