Pellegrino - NES Passito di Pantelleria DOC (NV)
About 100 miles southwest of Sicily—closer to Tunisia—Pantelleria is a volcanic island covered in volcanic rock with a thin layer of non-irrigated topsoil. The vineyards were separated hundreds of years ago by stone walls, which protect them from fierce Mediterranean winds. Pantelleria’s rich, peachy-tasting dessert wines are some of Italy’s best.
Vinification: Manual harvest with soft pressing and temperature-controlled fermentation with the the addition of sun-dried grapes.
Additional Details editIntense notes of candied fruit and citrus fruit with hints of eucalyptus, sage and apricot. Balanced and lingering, with predominant notes of apricots, dried figs and hints of candied fruit and peaches.
- Appellation: Passito di Pantelleria DOC
- Winemaker: textinput
- Sustainability: Sustainable Practices
- Soil: Volcanic, sandy, slightly clayish
- Vineyard Acreage: textinput
- Avg Vine Age: textinput
- Yield: textinput
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Ttl Acidity: textinput
- Residual Sugar: textinput
- Avg Production: textinput
- Sizes Available: 500ml
- Pack Size: 6/500ml
- UPC Code: Inquire
- Varietals: Zibibbo (Muscat of Alessandria)