CUSTOMIZE & PRINT

Customize

Customize font size to fit

- Vigna Il Pino Bianco di Torgiano DOC 2011

Overview

Terroir: “Il Pino” is a 7-acre hillside vineyard sitting at about 885 ft. with western exposure. Located on the Brufa hillside with clayey soil, medium depth and limestone subsoil.

Vinification: After cryomaceration, 30% of the blend is fermented and aged on the lees in barrique for 3 months; the remaining 70% is fermented in stainless steel; the blend is then barrel aged until the following spring. Released about 1 year after harvest.

Additional Details edit

A bouquet with good complexity with fruitiness (fruit salad, yellow peach and citrus fruit); light, refined note of woodiness on the finish. On the palate the wine is elegant in flavor, with a delicate, citrus-like acidity; with a fruity and slightly mineral, persistent finish.

Technical Details
  • Appellation: Bianco di Torgiano DOC
  • Winemaker: Teresa Severini
  • Sustainability: Sustainable Practices
  • Soil: Clay, limestone
  • Vineyard Acreage: textinput
  • Avg Vine Age: textinput
  • Yield: 9 tons/ha
  • Alcohol: 13%
  • Ttl Acidity: textinput
  • Residual Sugar: textinput
  • Avg Production: 20,000 bottles
  • Sizes Available: 750ml
  • Pack Size: 6/750ml
  • UPC Code: Inquire
  • Varietals: 70% Trebbiano, 30% Grechetto

Recent News edit

Wine Spectator Rating: 90

Author: Alison Napjus

Date: Friday, August 12, 2016

A bright, harmonious white, with a minerally underpinning and a light toastiness to the flavors of Asian pear, salted almond, orchard blossom and lemon peel. Medium-bodied and creamy. Trebbiano and Grechetto. Drink now through 2021.

Vinous Rating: 89

Author: Ian D'Agata

Date: Friday, August 12, 2016

Bright dark yellow. Oaky torrefaction notes dominate delicate white flower and orchard fruit aromas and flavors. Creamy and dense but lively, thanks to harmonious acidity that provides good clarity and cut. The finish is long and peppery, but presently with a little too much oak for my taste. Those who prefer their white wines rich, creamy and with plenty of vanilla flavor will like this more than I.