- Rubesco Vigna Monticchio Rosso di Torgiano Riserva DOCG 2011
Terroir: “Vigna Monticchio,” 35-acre hillside vineyard at about 885 ft. with western exposure. Located on the Brufa hillside which has significant variety of soils, layers of clay alternate with sandy layers, the latter being more frequent at the mid- and lower-hill.
Vinification: Fermentation in stainless steel with 25-28 days of maceration on the skins. Aged in oak barriques and barrels for 12 months followed by a light filtering – bottle refined for five years. Limited production of 40,000 bottles.
Additional Details editIntense ruby red with violet nuances. Elegant and complex, it recalls sour cherries and violets, with refined woody notes of cocoa and coffee. Warm and velvety, with solid structure and complex, the wine has slightly balsamic fruitiness, however it is lively and pleasantly fresh with balanced acidity, intriguing tannins, and a finish that is long, with spicy closing notes.
- Appellation: Rosso di Torgiano DOC
- Winemaker: Teresa Severini
- Sustainability: Sustainable Practices
- Soil: Loose sand, clay, limestone
- Vineyard Acreage: textinput
- Avg Vine Age: textinput
- Yield: 6 tons/ha
- Alcohol: 14%
- Ttl Acidity: textinput
- Residual Sugar: textinput
- Avg Production: 50,000 bottles
- Sizes Available: 12/750ml
- Varietals: 100% Sangiovese
Recent News edit
Date: Friday, November 30, 2018
"Fragrant, with leather and spice notes, this fresh, minerally red is medium- to full-bodied and elegant, featuring fine tannins well-knit to flavors of crushed and dried cherry, Earl Grey tea and smoke. Offers a lightly chewy, lingering finish. Drink now through 2025."