Lungarotti - Rubesco Rosso di Torgiano DOC 2017
“Rubesco” is derived from the Latin verb “rubescere,” to blush, and has a joyous significance.
Terroir: Grapes are cultivated in clayey‐sandy soil with medium depth, good structure and limestone subsoil.
Vinification: Stainless steel fermentation with 15 days of skin contact followed by aging for 12 months in casks and 12 months in bottle after light filtration.
Additional Details editDelicate and with good intensity. Elegant complexity with hints of pepper, cinnamon and tobacco; background notes of red jam and violet. Solid structure and superb concentration, the wine evolves with fresh acidity. Austere, balanced tannins with a fruity and slightly mineral finish.
- Appellation: Rosso di Torgiano DOC
- Winemaker: Teresa Severini
- Sustainability: Sustainable Practices
- Soil: Loose sand, clay, limestone
- Vineyard Acreage: textinput
- Avg Vine Age: textinput
- Yield: 9.5 tons/ha
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Ttl Acidity: textinput
- Residual Sugar: textinput
- Avg Production: 450,000 bottles
- Sizes Available: 12/750ml
- Varietals: 90% Sangiovese, 10% Colorino
Recent News edit
JamesSuckling.com Rating: 91
Author: James Suckling
Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
"Shows good energy and youth on the nose with exuberant raspberry compote, citrus and lavender. A full-bodied and soft palate follows, wrapped up in lithe tannins and carried along by some pretty acidity. Drink now."