Le Ragose - Valpolicella Classico 2019
Vinification: Temperature controlled stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts. Fermentation is 12-14 days. The wine is then refermented for 8-20 days in March on the lees of the Amarone using the Ripasso method. Ripasso is the refermentation of the Valpolicella on the lees of the Amarone which has been crushed and fermented in February. The Amarone lees and skins contain 1-1.5% sugars and refermentation absorbs about 5% of Amarone. This gives the wine more alcohol and complexity while maintaining the integrity of the lighter body of Valpolicella.
Aged 2-3 years, of which at least one in 25-hectoliter Slovenian oak botte (casks). The wine is then aged for 2 years in bottle.
Additional Details edit
Brilliant ruby red, with fresh scents of cherry.
- Appellation: Veneto
- Winemaker: textinput
- Sustainability: Sustainable Practices
- Soil: Red and brown clay, on Eocene limestone
- Vineyard Acreage: textinput
- Avg Vine Age: textinput
- Yield: textinput
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Ttl Acidity: 5.5-6.0 g/l
- Residual Sugar: textinput
- Avg Production: textinput
- Pack Size: 12/750ml
- Varietals: 50% Corvina, 20% Rondinella, 20% Corvinone, 10% other authorized grapes
Recent News edit