Terroir: Pinot Noir was successfully introduced into Alto Adige on the beginning of the 19 century. It soon became evident that the gently sloping terrain and the micro-climate at Mazon were perfect for producing Pinot Noir of international stature.
Vinification: 75 percent of the bunches are de-stemmed, while the remaining 25 percent are placed whole in the fermentation vats. Fermentation lasts 10 days, during which the skins and other solids are constantly kept loose and submerged in the must. Following malolactic fermentation the young wine is left to age for 6 months on its lees in neutral concrete vats.
The Meczan Pinot Noir is distinguished by its unmistakable varietal character, its distinctive aroma and fruity character, by its bright ruby colour with garnet reflexes, and its fresh, stimulating bouquet with seductive hints of woodland berries and cherry. On the palate Meczan is harmonious, sappy and mellow with impressive fruit.
You must be 21 years of age or older to enter this site.
Please enjoy responsibly.
©2019 Frederick Wildman and Sons, LTD