Hecht & Bannier - Cotes du Roussillon Villages 2015
Terroir: The appellation of Cotes du Roussillon is located in the heart of Frances sunny south with an abundance of warm Mediterranean sunshine and cooling winds from the sea. Hecht et Bannier source this selection from the villages of Tautavel, Estagel, Caramany, Espira de l'Agly and Lesquerde.
Vinification: The Cotes du Roussillon is a traditional blend of Grenache, Mourvedre, Carignan and Syrah vinified and aged in a combination of epoxy lined concrete tank, large neutral oak casks and about 20% in new oak barrels producing a wine of powerful, ripe, juicy fruit with an elegant, refined finish.
Additional Details editQuickly accessible, the sensual, soft, round and smooth Grenache sides offer to us an immediate pleasure in mouth. Aromatically full, sapid and cheerful, our Côtes du Roussillon Villages shows a spicy and peppery side for a voluptuous wine, obvious.
- Appellation: Cotes du Roussillon Villages
- Winemaker: Gregory Hecht & Francois Bannier
- Sustainability: Sustainable Practices
- Soil: Limestone, Granite Gravel
- Vineyard Acreage: textinput
- Avg Vine Age: textinput
- Yield: textinput
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Ttl Acidity: textinput
- Residual Sugar: textinput
- Avg Production: textinput
- Sizes Available: textinput
- Pack Size: textinput
- UPC Code: 0 89744-75640 4
- Varietals: 55% Grenache, 25% Syrah, 15% Mourvedre, 5% Carignan
Recent News edit
Wine Spectator Online Rating: 90
Author: Gillian Sciaretta
Date: Monday, January 22, 2018
"A plush, medium-to-full-bodied red, with cherry tart and raspberry flavors detailed by anise, mocha and baking spice accents. Graphite and herb elements echo on the clean, lingering finish. Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Carignan. Drink now through 2023."