Domaine Christian Moreau Père & Fils - Chablis 1er Cru Vaillon Cuvée Guy Moreau 2019
Terroir: The Domaine Christian Moreau Père et Fils 1er Cru Vaillon "Cuvée Guy Moreau" is sourced from select vines planted in 1933, from multiple plots within the Moreau holdings.
Vinification: 60% of the overall Guy Moreau blend is aged entirely in stainless steel, with the remaining 40% seeing oak for a total of 6 months. The wine is then blended and aged for additional time in stainless steel prior to bottling.
Seeing more oak aging than the other Vaillon cuvée the Cuvée Guy Moreau is typically ripe on the palate, rich and complex while retaining a finish of mineral and clean acidity.
Additional Details editFresh and citrusy and ample amounts of lemon and minerality on the nose, carrying through to the ripe, fruity, and concentrated palate. Very textured on the mouth with Granny Smith apple, lemon, white peach, and a hint of spice. Rich and delicious.
- Appellation: Chablis
- Winemaker: Fabien Moreau
- Sustainability: Certified Organic
- Soil: Kimmeridgien calcareous clay
- Vineyard Acreage: textinput
- Avg Vine Age: 80+ years
- Yield: textinput
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Ttl Acidity: textinput
- Residual Sugar: textinput
- Avg Production: textinput
- Sizes Available: 750ml
- Pack Size: 12/750ml
- UPC Code: 0 89744-42352 8
- Varietals: 100% Chardonnay