The 2014 Aiace has a deep ruby color with an intense nose of full, jammy fruit. The wine is lively on the palate dominated by flavors of raspberry, blackberry and spice.
- Appellation: Puglia
- Sustainability: Certified Sustainable, DNV-GL
- Soil: Clay, Sand, Limestone
- Avg Vine Age: 40-60 years
- Alcohol: 14%
- Ttl Acidity: 3.65 g/l
- Residual Sugar: 4 g/l
- Avg Production: 5,000 bottles
- Pack Size: 6/750ml
- Varietals: 80% Negroamaro, 20% Malvasia Nera di Lecce
Score: 90 Points Wine Spectator Author: Alison Napjus
Date: Friday, December 8, 2017
Plum cake and baked raspberry flavors are accented by oak spice and licorice snap notes in this grippy, medium- to full-bodied red. Bright and expressive, with a lingering, mineral-tinged finish. Best from 2019 through 2024.